XML Web Services Tools
This topic is specific to a legacy technology. XML Web services and XML Web service clients should now be created using Windows Communication Foundation .
This section contains detailed information about the XML Web Services tools. You can run all the tools from the command line.
|For the .NET Framework tools to function properly, you must set your Path, Include, and Lib environment variables correctly. Set these environment variables by running SDKVars.bat, which is located in the <SDK>\v2.0\Bin directory. SDKVars.bat must be executed in every command shell.|
In This Section
- Web Services Description Language Tool (Wsdl.exe)
- Generates code for XML Web services and XML Web services clients from Web Services Description Language (WSDL) contract files, XML Schema Definition (XSD) schema files, and .discomap discovery documents.
- Web Services Discovery Tool (Disco.exe)
- Discovers the URLs of XML Web services located on a Web server, and saves documents related to each XML Web service on a local disk.
- Soapsuds Tool (Soapsuds.exe)
- Helps you compile client applications that communicate with XML Web services using a technique called remoting. Note Beginning with the .NET Framework version 3.5, this tool is obsolete.
Build Date: 2011-02-07