Querying the Database
This group of topics describes how to develop and execute queries in LINQ to SQL projects.
In This Section
- How to: Query for Information
- Briefly shows how LINQ to SQL queries are basically the same as LINQ queries generally.
- How to: Retrieve Information As Read-Only
- Describes how to increase query performance when no change to the data is planned.
- How to: Control How Much Related Data Is Retrieved
- Describes how to control which related data is retrieved together with the main target.
- How to: Filter Related Data
- Describes how to retrieve related data by using a sub-query.
- How to: Turn Off Deferred Loading
- Describes how to turn off deferred loading.
- How to: Directly Execute SQL Queries
- Describes how to submit queries by using SQL language.
- How to: Store and Reuse Queries
- Describes how to compile a query one time but use it multiple times with different parameters.
- How to: Handle Composite Keys in Queries
- Describes how to include more than one column in a query where the operator takes only a single argument.
- Query Examples
- Provides many examples of queries.
Copyright © 2012 by Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.