Explained – Cross-Site Scripting
ASP.NET 2.0 Security Videos
J.D. Meier, Keith Brown, Prashant Bansode
This video module shows you how to protect from cross-site scripting issues.
- Recognize cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
- Encode untrusted output with HtmlEncode.
- Validate input with a regular expression.
- Use ASP.NET’s built-in cross-site scripting protection mechanism.
The video is a small wmv file streaming / download:
- Explained – Cross-Site Scripting (Length: 5:32 - Size: 4:34 MB)
- How To: Prevent Cross-Site Scripting in ASP.NET
- How To: Use Regular Expressions to Constrain Input in ASP.NET
- Design Guidelines for Secure Web Applications (See "Input Validation" section)
- Architecture and Design Review for Security (See "Input Validation" section)
- Security Guidelines: ASP.NET 2.0 (See "Input and Data Validation" section)