Troubleshooting the Projector Wizard
The Projector Wizard:
- Always uses UDP WS-Discovery for device discovery
- Always uses HTTP for metadata exchange
- Sometimes uses directed discovery
The following diagnostic procedures should be used (in order) to help identify problems with the Projector Wizard.
To troubleshoot the Projector Wizard
- If directed discovery is used, troubleshoot directed discovery.
- Inspect adapter and firewall settings.
- Use a generic host and client for UDP WS-Discovery.
- Use WSD Debug Client to verify multicast traffic.
- Inspect network traces for UDP WS-Discovery.
- Use a generic host and client for HTTP metadata exchange.
- Use WinHTTP logging to verify Get traffic.
- Inspect network traces for HTTP metadata exchange.
If the source of the problem cannot be identified using the above diagnostic procedures, follow the directions in Enabling WSDAPI Tracing and contact Microsoft support.
Build date: 11/17/2013