This section provides reference information for LINQ to SQL developers.
You are also encouraged to search the MSDN Library for specific issues, and especially to participate in the LINQ Forum, where you can discuss more complex topics in detail with experts. In addition, you can study a white paper detailing LINQ to SQL technology, complete with Visual Basic and C# code examples. For more information, see LINQ to SQL: .NET Language-Integrated Query for Relational Data.
In This Section
- Data Types and Functions
- Describes how common language runtime (CLR) constructs have corresponding expressions in SQL only where LINQ to SQL has explicitly provided a conversion in the translation engine.
- Attribute-Based Mapping
- Describes the LINQ to SQL attribute-based approach to mapping a LINQ to SQL object model to a SQL Server database.
- Code Generation in LINQ to SQL
- Describes how LINQ to SQL obtains meta information from a database and then generates code files.
- External Mapping
- Describes the LINQ to SQL external-mapping approach to mapping a LINQ to SQL object model to a SQL Server database. Provides the XSD schema definition for mapping files.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Provides answers to common questions regarding LINQ to SQL.
- SQL Server Compact and LINQ to SQL
- Describes how SQL Server Compact 3.5 differs from SQL Server in LINQ to SQL applications.
- Standard Query Operator Translation
- Describes how LINQ to SQL translates Standard Query Operators to SQL commands.
Copyright © 2012 by Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.