|Access Developer Reference|
This page links to help on widely used user-interface tasks. To view other categories of popular tasks covered in Help, see How Do I… in Access.
- How to: Apply a Custom Ribbon When Starting Access
- Describes how to display a custom ribbon when Access starts.
- How to: Apply a Custom Ribbon to a Form or Report
- Describes how to display a custom ribbon when a particular form or report is opened.
- How to: Hide the Ribbon When Access Starts
- Describes how to hide the Ribbon when opening a database.
- How to: Detect User Idle Time or Inactivity
- Illustrates how to use a hidden form to detect when a user has been inactive for a given period of time.
- How to: Detect Whether an Object Is Open
- Describes how to determine whether an object is already open.
- How to: Display and Use the File Dialog Box
- Describes how to use the FileDialog object to display the file dialog box used by Microsoft Access and to determine what files were selected by the user.
- How to: Use Existing Custom Menus and Toolbars
- Describes how to use menu and toolbar customizations of databases created in earlier versions of Access.
- How to: Use the Status Bar Progress Meter
- Describes how to use the SysCmd method to create a progress meter on the status bar.
- How Do I... in Access