Operation must use an updatable query. (Error 3073)
You tried to run, open, or modify a query that is not updatable.
- You attempted to run a query that tried to update a field that cannot be updated. For example, you may have created the query in such a way that you tried to update a field on the one side of a one-to-many relationship.
- You tried to use the obsolete OpenQueryDef method on a query that is in a database opened for read-only access.
The database is read-only for one of the following reasons:
- You used the OpenDatabase method or the Visual Basic Data control, and opened the database for read-only access.
- The database file has been defined as read-only in your network operating system.
- In a network environment, you do not have write privileges for the database file.
Close the database, resolve the read-only condition, and then reopen it for read/write access.
- You do not have permission to make changes to the query. To change your permission assignments, see your system administrator or the query's creator.