Direct3D Resources (Direct3D 9)
Resources are the textures and buffers that are used to render a scene. Applications need to create, load, copy, and use resources. This section gives a brief introduction to resources and the steps and methods used by applications when working with resources.
All resources, including the geometry resources IDirect3DIndexBuffer9 and IDirect3DVertexBuffer9, inherit from the IDirect3DResource9 interface. The texture resources, IDirect3DCubeTexture9, IDirect3DTexture9, and IDirect3DVolumeTexture9, also inherit from the IDirect3DBaseTexture9 interface.
- Resource Properties (Direct3D 9)
- Manipulating Resources (Direct3D 9)
- Locking Resources (Direct3D 9)
- Resource Relationships (Direct3D 9)
- Managing Resources (Direct3D 9)
- Application-Managed Resources and Allocation Strategies (Direct3D 9)