This section describes methods for the installation of applications on Windows Mobile devices.
- CAB Files for Delivering Windows Mobile Applications
Describes the use of .cab files for application installation.
- The Application Manager
Describes the Application Manager, a utility that is bundled with ActiveSync that enables you to install applications onto Windows Mobile devices from a desktop computer.
- Creating an Installer for Windows Mobile Applications
Provides the steps to create an installer that, when run on a user's desktop computer, will install an application on a connected Windows Mobile device.
- Packaging Windows Mobile Applications With CAB Wizard
Describes the legacy method of creating .cab files using a command-line utility.
- Optional Setup.dll Files for Installation
Provides information on how to create a setup .dll that will run automatically when an application is installed on a Windows Mobile device.
- Wceload Tool
Describes the tool that runs on a Windows Mobile device and unpacks .cab files, as well as installs the contained application.
- Security for Windows Mobile Devices
Provides information for Windows Mobile powered device security model, Authentication Services, Credential Manager, Cryptography, and LASS application development and programming elements.
- Signing an Application or Cabinet File for Release to the Public
Provides information on signing an application with a certificate that will allow it to be installed on a Windows Mobile device.
- Testing How an Application Will Behave Under Different Security Configurations
Provides information on the security restrictions placed on running Windows Mobile applications.