Workspace.CheckIn Method (PendingChange, String, String, CheckinNote, WorkItemCheckinInfo, PolicyOverrideInfo, CheckinOptions)
[This documentation is for preview only, and is subject to change in later releases. Blank topics are included as placeholders.]
Checks in the specified set of pending changes to the version-control repository.
Assembly: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client (in Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.dll)
public int CheckIn( PendingChange changes, string author, string comment, CheckinNote checkinNote, WorkItemCheckinInfo workItemChanges, PolicyOverrideInfo policyOverride, CheckinOptions checkinOptions )
- Type: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.PendingChange
The set of pending changes to check in. If you do not specify this parameter, all changes in the workspace are checked in.
- Type: System.String
The author of the changeset. If you do not specify this parameter, the user who is making the check-in call is identified as the author.
- Type: System.String
The comment to be associated with this check-in. May be null.
- Type: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.CheckinNote
CheckinNote information to be associated with this check-in. The default check-in notes are for security reviewer, performance reviewer, and code reviewer. May be null.
- Type: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.WorkItemCheckinInfo
Information about associated work items. May be null.
- Type: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.PolicyOverrideInfo
Information that the user provided to override a check-in policy. May be null.
- Type: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.CheckinOptions
One of the following enum values (None, SuppressEvent, or ValidateCheckinOwner) for the check-in.
Return ValueType: System.Int32
If successful, a positive changeset number for this check-in.
Each check-in is an atomic operation. All changes are checked in, or none are. If the check-in is successful, the method returns a positive changeset number. If the set of pending changes for the check-in is null, the server tries to check in all changes in the workspace. However, this operation is not valid if any pending changes in the workspace are edits or adds, because content will not have been uploaded to the server.
- Full trust for the immediate caller. This member cannot be used by partially trusted code. For more information, see Using Libraries from Partially Trusted Code.