PRINTJOB ... ENDPRINTJOB Command
Activates the settings for print job system variables.
PRINTJOB Commands ENDPRINTJOB
- Specifies the Visual FoxPro commands that are executed until the print job is completed.
PRINTJOB ... ENDPRINTJOB initializes the printer and certain system variables that affect printed output. It can send control codes to the printer, eject a page from the printer before and/or after a print job, initialize the printer column number, and control the number of copies printed.
PRINTJOB performs these tasks:
- Sends starting printer control codes, stored in the system variable _PSCODE, to the printer. For more information on printer control codes, see the System Variables Overview topic and your printer manual.
- Ejects a page if the system variable _PEJECT is set to BEFORE or to BOTH.
- Sets the system variable _PCOLNO to 0. _PCOLNO stores the printer column number.
ENDPRINTJOB performs these tasks:
- Sends ending printer control codes, stored in the system variable _PECODE, to the printer. You can reset the printer to the configuration it had before PRINTJOB was issued.
- Ejects a page if the system variable _PEJECT is set to AFTER or to BOTH.
- Loops back to PRINTJOB to print another copy of the report if the _PCOPIES system variable is set to a value higher than 1 (the default). The value of the system variable _PCOPIES determines the number of copies. When the number of copies printed equals the value of _PCOPIES, Visual FoxPro exits the loop. Program control then begins with the command immediately following ENDPRINTJOB.
PRINTJOB and ENDPRINTJOB may be executed only from within a program. You may not nest PRINTJOB ... ENDPRINTJOB commands.