Creating System Monitoring Components
System monitoring components such as the PerformanceCounter component, the EventLog component, and the ServiceController component allow you to monitor and interact with a variety of system resources. You can use these component instances to interact with Windows performance counters, event logs, and long-running services.
In This Section
- System Monitoring Walkthroughs
- Lists walkthroughs you can use to learn how to work with EventLog, PerformanceCounter, and ServiceController components.
- Monitoring Performance Thresholds
- Provides basic information on monitoring Microsoft Windows performance thresholds.
- Logging Application, Server, and Security Events
- Provides additional information on monitoring Windows event logs by reading information from and writing information to them.
- Monitoring Windows Services
- Provides information on how to monitor existing Windows services.
- Monitoring and Managing Windows Processes
- Explains the process of creating a component to automate administrative tasks for Windows processes.
- Programming with Components
- Presents a high-level overview of component programming and authoring.