Technologies and Techniques
Visual Studio .NET 2003
The following topics link to conceptual material for the technologies and techniques used with Visual C++.
In This Section
- Attributed Programming
- Provides a conceptual overview of attributes, which are designed to simplify COM programming and .NET common language runtime development.
- Data Access
- Provides a conceptual overview of various database programming technologies that you can use, including OLE DB programming and ODBC programming.
- Provides links to topics describing how to redistribute Visual C++ applications.
- Provides a conceptual overview of using dynamic-link libraries (DLL) in your projects.
- Event Handling in Visual C++
- Provides a conceptual overview of the Unified Event Model, which allows you to use the same programming model for event handling in all types of classes in Visual C++.
- International Programming
- Provides a conceptual overview of developing applications for global markets.
- Provides a conceptual overview of how to employ multiple concurrent threads of execution running simultaneously.
- Provides a conceptual overview of how to manage string data in Visual C++.
- Windows Programming
- Discusses the Win32 application programming interface (API) and Windows logo requirements.
- Visual C++ Reference
- Provides links to topics describing the C and C++ language references, the libraries supported in Visual C++, the Visual C++ Extensibility Object Model, and the Microsoft Macro Assembler (MASM).
- Visual C++ Samples
- Provides links to sample code showing the capabilities of Visual C++ and the libraries and technologies it supports.
- Provides links to using the Visual Studio debugger to correct logic errors in your application or stored procedures.
- Visual Studio Walkthroughs
- Provides links to topics discussing the steps involved in the development of specific applications types or major application features.
- Adding Functionality
- Provides links to topics describing conceptual information about the Visual C++ libraries and topics discussing various coding technologies and techniques.
- Developing with Visual Studio .NET
- Provides links to topics describing how you can use Visual Studio to accomplish each step in the development process.