Timer Component (Windows Forms)
Visual Studio .NET 2003
The Windows Forms Timer is a component that raises an event at regular intervals. This component is designed for a Windows Forms environment.
In This Section
- Introduction to the Windows Forms Timer Component
- Introduces the general concepts of the Timer component, which allows you to set up your application to respond to periodic events.
- Limitations of the Windows Forms Timer Component's Interval Property
- Describes known limitations of the timer's interval that may affect how you can use it.
- Running Procedures at Set Intervals With the Windows Forms Timer Component
- Describes how to react to timed intervals in your Windows applications.
- Controls You Can Use On Windows Forms
- Provides a complete list of Windows Forms controls, with links to information on their use.
- Timer Class (Windows Forms)
- Provides reference information on the Timer class, used for Windows Forms timers, and its members.
- Timer Class (Server components)
- Provides reference information on the Timer class that is used by server-based timers.
- Timer Component Changes in Visual Basic .NET
- Describes how timer functionality has changed in Visual Basic .NET as compared to previous versions.