SET NOTIFY Command
Enables or disables the display of certain system messages. The following are examples of system messages affected by SET NOTIFY:
- "Expression is valid" in the Expression Builder dialog box
- "Do Canceled," which appears when program execution is canceled
SET NOTIFY [CURSOR] ON | OFF
- Specifies whether data-related messages should appear in the status bar.
- Enables the display of certain system messages. (Default)
- Disables the display of certain system messages.
System messages display in the graphical, not character-based, status bar at the bottom of the main Visual FoxPro window.
When SET NOTIFY CURSOR is set to
OFF, Visual FoxPro suppresses all data-related messages from displaying in the status bar. These messages include alias, data source, record pointer, record count and exclusive/record unlocked status.
The setting of SET NOTIFY CURSOR does not affect SET NOTIFY.
You can use the
SET("NOTIFY",1) function to return the current value of SET NOTIFY CURSOR.