Getting Started with Visual FoxPro
Microsoft Visual FoxPro is the object-oriented relational database management system that makes it possible for you to create state-of-the-art enterprise database solutions. Visual FoxPro includes professional productivity tools, documentation, and sample code for quickly building, managing, and deploying solutions.
In This Section
- Locating Readme Files
- Describes how to find the location of the Visual FoxPro Readme file.
- Installing Visual FoxPro
- Describes system requirements and how to install and add applications to Visual FoxPro.
- Upgrading from Earlier Versions
- Describes how Visual FoxPro protects your investment in applications built in previous versions of FoxPro.
- Customizing the Visual FoxPro Environment
- Explains how you can optimize your computer system, configure Visual FoxPro and development environment settings, restore your desktop, and how people with disabilities can improve accessibility to Visual FoxPro and Microsoft Windows.
- What's New in Visual FoxPro 8.0
- Describes the new features and enhancements included in this version of Visual FoxPro.
- Using Visual FoxPro
- Gives an overview of Visual FoxPro features, describes concepts and productivity tools for developing, programming, and managing high-performance database applications and components, and provides walkthroughs that help get you started. With the robust tools and data-centric object-oriented language that Visual FoxPro offers, you can build modern, scalable, multi-tier applications that integrate client/server computing and the Internet.
- Developing Visual FoxPro Applications
- Includes conceptual information about how to develop Visual FoxPro applications, instructions for creating databases and the user interface, and other tasks needed to create Visual FoxPro applications.
- Programming in Visual FoxPro
- Describes how understanding object-oriented programming techniques and the event-driven model can maximize your programming productivity and enable you to access the full power of Visual FoxPro.
- Includes Visual FoxPro general, programming language, user interface, and error message reference topics.
- Contains Visual FoxPro class library, server, solutions, and foundation class code samples that you can use for experimenting with and learning Visual FoxPro features.