Visual Studio .NET 2003
Walkthroughs give step-by-step instructions for common scenarios, which makes them a good place to start learning about Visual FoxPro or a particular feature area.
In This Section
- Walkthrough: Creating Applications with Visual FoxPro
- Provides steps for creating a simple program, including moving data and creating forms, and shows how to use it as the basis for an application.
- Walkthrough: Creating Reports with Visual FoxPro
- Provides steps for creating reports using the Report wizard and the Report designer, and discusses issues to consider when planning and creating reports.
- Walkthrough: Retrieving Data from Different Data Sources
- Provides steps for retrieving data from Visual FoxPro native tables or data using Open Database Connectivity (ODBC), ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), or XML data sources.
- Walkthrough: Creating Tables with Visual FoxPro
- Provides steps for creating tables for new and existing data and discusses the many tools used to access and manipulate all kinds of data quickly.
- Walkthrough: Creating XML Web Services with Visual FoxPro
- Provides steps for how to create and publish a Visual FoxPro COM server as an XML Web service.
- Walkthrough: Creating a Visual FoxPro Application Setup Program Using InstallShield Express
- Provides steps for packaging and deploying your applications using InstallShield Express, making it possible for users to install and configure your products efficiently.
- Using Visual FoxPro
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro provides the tools needed to create and to manage high-performance, 32-bit database applications and components. With its robust tools and data-centric object-oriented language, you can build modern, scalable, multi-tier applications that integrate client/server computing and the Internet.
- Overview of Visual FoxPro Features
- Visual FoxPro gives you more of everything you have come to expect in a database management system (DBMS) — speed, power, and flexibility.
- Customizing the Visual FoxPro Environment
- Describes how, after you install Visual FoxPro, you can customize your development environment settings such as the main window title, default directory, project, editor, debugger and form tool options, temporary file storage, field mappings for drag-and-drop operations, and many other options.
- Developing Visual FoxPro Applications
- Includes conceptual information about how to develop Visual FoxPro applications, instructions for creating databases and the user interface, and other tasks needed to create Visual FoxPro applications.
- Programming in Visual FoxPro
- Explains how understanding object-oriented programming techniques and the event-driven model can maximize your programming productivity so you can access the full power of Visual FoxPro.
- Development Productivity Tools
- Explains that Visual FoxPro provides developer tools for application development within the FoxPro application and the FoxPro language.