Returns whether an object is safe for initialization or scripting, as specified.
HRESULT SetInterfaceSafetyOptions( REFIID riid, DWORD dwOptionSetMask, DWORD dwEnabledOptions );
- [in] An iInterface identifier for the object to be made safe.
- [in] A mask representing the options to be validated.
- [in] A DWORD representing all the options currently enabled for the interface identified by riid. This can be one or more of the following values.
- Indicates that the caller of the interface identified by riid might be untrusted.
- Indicates that the data passed into the interface identified by riid might be untrusted.
- Indicates that the caller of the interface identified by riid knows to use IDispatchEx.
- Indicates that the data passed into the interface identified by riid knows to use IInternetHostSecurityManager.
Returns one of the following values.
S_OK The object is safe for loading. E_NOINTERFACE The riid parameter specifies an interface that is unknown to the object. E_FAIL The dwOptionSetMask parameter specifies an option that is not supported by the object.
Typically, a control client calls this method prior to loading a control to determine whether the control is safe for scripting or initialization. If this method returns E_FAIL, its client displays the user interface for the user to confirm whether the action should be allowed.