Gets the safety options supported by an object and the safety options that are currently set for that object.
HRESULT GetInterfaceSafetyOptions( REFIID riid, DWORD *pdwSupportedOptions, DWORD *pdwEnabledOptions );
- [in] An interface identifier for a given object.
- [out] Receives the address of a DWORD representing all the options supported for the interface identified by riid. This can be one or more of the following values.
- Indicates that the caller of the interface identified by riid might be untrusted.
- Indicates that the data passed into the interface identified by riid might be untrusted.
- Indicates that the caller of the interface identified by riid knows to use IDispatchEx.
- Indicates that the data passed into the interface identified by riid knows to use IInternetHostSecurityManager.
- [out] Receives the address of a DWORD representing all the options currently enabled for the interface identified by riid.
Returns one of the following values.
S_OK The object is safe for loading. E_NOINTERFACE The riid parameter specifies an interface that is unknown to the object.
This method returns a set of bits in pdwSupportedOptions for each capability that the control knows about, and a set of bits in pdwEnabledOptions for each capability for which the control is currently safe. For example, a control might indicate that it knows about INTERFACESAFE_FOR_UNTRUSTED_DATA and INTERFACESAFE_FOR_UNTRUSTED_CALLER, and is currently safe for INTERFACESAFE_FOR_UNTRUSTED_DATA.