This topic documents a feature of Binary Behaviors, which are obsolete as of Internet Explorer 10.
Notifies the Dynamic HTML (DHTML) behavior about the progress of parsing the document and the element to which the behavior is attached.
HRESULT Notify( LONG lEvent, VARIANT *pVar );
- [in] A value of type LONG that specifies one of the following notification types.
- Received when the end tag of the element to which this DHTML behavior is attached is parsed. This notification indicates that the element can be accessed through a call to IElementBehaviorSite::GetElement.
- Received when the content of the behavior is saved.
- Received when the entire document to which this DHTML behavior is attached is parsed. This notification is different from the onload event or IHTMLElement2::readyState property, both of which indicate that the entire document and associated content, such as images, have downloaded.
- Received when a behavior is added to or removed from a document. However, when a behavior is created in a document by way of the parser, there is no document context change notification.
- Not currently used.
- [in, out] Reserved. Must be set to NULL.
Returns S_OK if successful, or an error value otherwise.
- Adding to, modifying, or referencing the Document Object Model (DOM) in the primary document.
- Creating a viewlink.