Obsolete. Defines a software distribution.
<SOFTPKG AUTOINSTALL = "bAutoInst" HREF = "url" NAME = "string" PRECACHE = "bCache" STYLE = "sMechanism" VERSION = "sVersion"> <!-- child elements --> </SOFTPKG>
- Optional. Boolean value that instructs the browser whether to automatically download the distribution unit. This attribute is valid only within Channel Definition Format (CDF) files.
No Default. Distribution unit is not installed automatically.
Distribution unit is installed automatically.
- Required. URL for the page that should be navigated to when installing the SOFTPKG parent element. This attribute is valid only within CDF files.Note CDF supports only HTTP, Secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTPS), and File Transfer Protocol (FTP) protocols. If a different protocol is used, Windows Internet Explorer will fail to install the distribution unit without notifying the user.
- Required. String value name of this distribution. The maximum length of the NAME attribute string is currently 260 characters.
- Optional. Boolean value that instructs the browser whether to download the distribution unit and leave it in the cache without attempting to autoinstall. The AUTOINSTALL attribute takes precedence over PRECACHE when they are used together. This attribute is valid only within CDF files.
No Default. Distribution unit is not precached.
Distribution unit is installed and left in the cache without attempting to download.
- Optional. String value mechanism the computer uses to download and install files from the Internet. This attribute is valid only within CDF files.
Use the Microsoft ActiveX "Active Setup" engine.
Use the Microsoft Internet Component Download (MSICD) to download distribution units and look at the Open Software Description (OSD)) file for processing instructions.
- Optional. String value corresponding to the major, minor, custom, and build version numbers.
Parent elements CHANNEL, DEPENDENCY Child elements Minimum availability Internet Explorer 4.0 Minimum operating systems Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0
Internet Explorer 7. The CDF (Channel Definition Format) is obsolete and should not be used.
This example shows how to define a software distribution unit.<SOFTPKG HREF="http://www.joyware.tld/rrrrr.cab" NAME="tld.joyware.www.rrrrr" VERSION="1,0,0,0"> </SOFTPKG>