Deprecated. Creates a standard hyperlink object from a Component Object Model (COM) object that supports the IDataObject interface.
HRESULT HlinkCreateFromData( IDataObject *piDataObj, IHlinkSite *pihlsite, DWORD dwSiteData, IUnknown *piunkOuter, REFIID riid, Void **ppvObj );
- [in] The address of the IDataObject interface on the data object of interest. This is used to access the methods to retrieve the data from the object.
- [in] The address of the IHlinkSite interface for the new hyperlink in its container.
- [in] The additional site data associated with the hyperlink site.
- [in] The address of the controlling IUnknown interface for the new hyperlink object. If NULL, the new hyperlink object is not aggregated.
- [in] The interface to return on the new hyperlink. This is typically IID_IHlink, or IID_IUnknown when piunkOuter is not NULL.
- [out] An indirect pointer to the requested interface.
Returns S_OK if the new hyperlink object was created successfully, or E_NOINTERFACE if the object does not support the riid interface.
This object originates from a data transfer operation, such as copying to the clipboard and pasting from the clipboard, or a drag-and-drop operation.
HlinkCreateFromData is one of three helper functions that you can use to create a hyperlink. HlinkCreateFromData creates a hyperlink from a COM object that supports both the IDataObject interface and a hyperlink format CF_HYPERLINK on that IDataObject interface. Call HlinkQueryCreateFromData before you call HlinkCreateFromData to determine if both of these conditions are met.
Use HlinkCreateFromMoniker to create a hyperlink from a COM object when you know the moniker of the object. Use HlinkCreateFromString to create a hyperlink from a COM object when you know the name of the object but not the moniker.
HlinkCreateFromData is used by a hyperlink container as part of a user interface that creates new hyperlinks through the clipboard or a drag-and-drop operation.
Stock Implementation Hlink.dll Custom Implementation No Header Hlink.h Import library Hlink.lib Minimum availability Internet Explorer 3.0 Minimum operating systems Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95