Asynchronous Programming Design Pattern
The asynchronous pattern is core technology in the .NET Framework. It provides an efficient model to manage asynchronous operations and a consistent programming model. After you have learned to use the asynchronous pattern with IO classes, you can easily use the asynchronous pattern with network classes, delegates, and so forth, including new APIs.
In This Section
- Asynchronous Design Pattern Overview
- Describes how asynchronous design patterns are implemented.
- Asynchronous Method Signatures
- Explains the use of method signatures used for method parameter ordering.
- IAsyncResult Interface
- Describes the IAsyncResult interface used to monitor and manage asynchronous operations.
- AsyncCallback Delegate for Asynchronous Operations
- Explains the use of the AsyncCallback delegate.
- Asynchronous Programming
- Describes orientation for asynchronous programming with the .NET Framework.