Additional Resources for Managed Extensions for C++ Programmers
The following sites and newsgroups can help you find answers to common problems.
On the Web
- Provides access to KB articles, downloads and updates, support Webcasts, and other services.
- Contains articles, samples, and other information of interest to Visual C++ .NET developers who are targeting the .NET Framework and common language runtime.
- Provides code samples, upgrade information, and technical content.
- Provides a way to connect as a community with experts from around the world.
- Provides multiple forums for questions and general discussion of Visual C++ .NET.
- Provides a forum for questions and issues on using the Visual C++ libraries.
- Provides a forum for questions and issues in Visual C++ .NET.
- Provides a forum for questions about working in the Visual Studio environment.
- Provides a forum for questions and issues in the Visual C++ .NET documentation.
MSDN's Web site provides information on current third-party sites and newsgroups of interest. For the most current list of resources available, see the MSDN Community Web site (http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/community).
On the Web
- Provides a look at where C++ is headed with C# and Microsoft .NET. This article sketches a roadmap of C++ as it is used in .NET.
- Gives an overview of standard C++ and C++ within Microsoft and with .NET.
- Describes the features provided by Managed Extensions for C++
- Provides descriptions of some advanced Managed Extensions for C++ topics such as interop, operator overloading, and boxing.
- Provides several articles on threading with Managed Extensions for C++.
- Provides tips and tricks about programming with unmanaged C++ and targeting the .NET Framework with Managed Extensions for C++, and also includes discussions and source code.
- Provides a community of Windows developers specializing in C++ and .NET.
- Provides information about programming with MFC and C++ and targeting the .NET Framework.
- Provides background information, documents, reference, source code, and forums about programming with C++.
- Provides information from the Microsoft MVP Visual C++ frequently asked question page.