Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004/2006 SDK
- member server
- A server that has been assigned to a domain but is not designated as either the primary domain controller (PDC) or the backup domain controller (BDC) within the assigned domain.
- Microsoft Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (MS-CHAP)
- A method of authentication in which a server uses Windows Server 2003 security to allow access to its resources.
- Microsoft Firewall service
- An API service used by ISA Server that inspects traffic along connections between source and destination computers in user mode to determine whether to allow or deny it based on rules that are associated with specific protocols. Traffic can be directed to extensions of the Firewall service, called application filters, for deeper inspection before allowing or denying it. The Firewall service also provides a DNS cache, connectivity monitoring, logging, network configuration detection, and automatic dialing.
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC)
- General, ISV-extensible common management console in Windows operating systems. The MMC console is a Windows-based multiple document interface (MDI) application. MMC provides no management behavior, but instead provides a common environment for snap-ins, which provide the actual management functionality.
- See Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME).
- See Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
- See Microsoft Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (MS-CHAP).
- A computer with network connections to multiple separate physical networks.
- Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME)
- A way of configuring browsers to view files that are in multiple formats. MIME permits the exchanging of objects, different character sets, and multimedia in e-mail on different computer systems.