Shell and User Interface (Windows CE 5.0)
Windows CE 5.0
Shell and User Interface in Microsoft® Windows® CE 5.0 includes the functionality that is necessary for a user to interact with a Windows CE-based device and the underlying operating system (OS).
In This Section
- Shell and User Interface Catalog Items
- Provides descriptions and Sysgen variable information for all the Catalog items that appear under the Shell and User Interface node in the Platform Builder Catalog.
- Shell and User Interface Overview
- Provides an overview of the Shell and User Interface components available in Windows CE.
- Graphics, Windowing and Events
- Describes the Graphics, Windowing, and Events Server (GWES) component (Gwes.exe) and provides information on how to use GWES in your device. .
- Describes the Shell component and provides information on how to use the Shell component in your device. The shell provides the user with an interface to the objects necessary for running applications and managing the Windows CE OS on a target device.
- User Interface
- Describes the ways that a user can interact with a Windows CE-based device and its applications.
- Windows CE Features
- Provides links and information about the Catalog-selectable technologies and functionality that can be included in OS designs.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors