Direct3D Mobile (Windows CE 5.0)
Microsoft® Direct3D® Mobile is an application programming interface (API) that provides support for 3-D graphics applications on Windows® CE-based platforms. It is derived from the Direct3D API found on Microsoft Windows-based desktop systems, and is optimized for use on embedded systems.
The following list describes the key aspects of Direct3D Mobile.
- In comparison to Direct3D for Windows-based desktop computers, the footprint for Direct3D Mobile is greatly reduced. This is a result of eliminating support for 3-D graphics capabilities that are not available in embedded devices because of limited hardware and power.
- The driver architecture allows you to implement driver solutions that are based only on software, based only on hardware, or a blend of software and hardware.
- Direct3D Mobile is built with a multi-type architecture. In addition to floating point values, Direct3D Mobile also supports fixed point values in the form of the 16.16 fixed point format.
In this Section
- Direct3D Mobile OS Design Development
- Provides information describing how OEMs can add and integrate Direct3D Mobile into their OS designs.
- Direct3D Mobile Application Development
- Provides architectural background information on Direct3D Mobile as well as practical design details that you will need to know to create a Direct3D Mobile application.
- Direct3D Mobile Registry Settings
- Provides information on the registry settings that affect Direct3D Mobile OS designs and applications.
- Direct3D Mobile Security
- Describes the factors that you should consider when trying to make your Direct3D Mobile OS design or application more secure.
- Direct3D Mobile Migration
- Highlights the changes that you will need to make to your existing 3-D graphics code, whether built upon Direct3D for Windows-based desktop systems or Direct3D for earlier Windows CE-based systems, run on Direct3D Mobile.
- Direct3D Mobile Samples
- Provides example code for Direct3D Mobile as well as descriptions of the sample applications that ship with Direct3D Mobile.
- Direct3D Mobile Reference
- Provides individual reference descriptions for the Direct3D Mobile programming elements.
- Direct3D Mobile Display Drivers
- Provides information for understanding and creating display drivers that support Driect3D Mobile.
- Provides information on DirectDraw, the API for supporting hardware-accelerated 2-D graphics operations.
- Graphics Device Interface (GDI)
- Provides information on basic graphics support in Windows CE through the graphics device interface (GDI).
- Provides links to information about other graphics technologies for Windows CE.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors