Platform Builder User's Guide (Windows CE 5.0)
Microsoft® Platform Builder for Windows CE is an integrated development environment (IDE) for building customized embedded operating system (OS) designs based on the Microsoft Windows® CE OS.
Platform Builder comes with all development tools necessary for you to design, create, build, test, and debug a Windows CE–based OS design.
The IDE provides a single integrated workspace where you can work on both OS designs and projects.
In This Section
- Catalog Overview
- Provides information about the Catalog and tasks you can perform to modify the Catalog.
- Platform Builder IDE
- Describes elements of the IDE, including the user interface and tools you can use to work with workspaces and projects.
- Platform Builder Directory Structure
- Explains the layout and contents of the run-time image and OS directories, which might vary depending on choices you make when you install Platform Builder.
- Context-Sensitive Help
- Provides assistance with elements of the user interface, such as wizards, dialog boxes, tabs, and windows.
- Error Messages
- Provides information about error messages that you might encounter when working with Platform Builder.
- Compilers for Microprocessors
- Provides information about supported microprocessors included with Platform Builder.
- Welcome to Windows CE 5.0
- Provides introductory information about Windows CE 5.0 and Platform Builder, including tutorials and support information.
- Migrating from an Earlier Version of Windows CE
- Provides information about how to migrate existing workspaces to Windows CE 5.0.
- Developing an Operating System
- Describes how to use Platform Builder to create and customize an OS design that you can use to build a run-time image for download to a target device. Information about creating software development kits is also included.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors