DHCP Server Settings for a Wireless Network (Windows CE 5.0)
To enable TESTSERVER to assign IP addresses to your access points, your CEPC, and any other computers on your network, you need to configure DHCP Server.
For information about how to perform these steps, see "DHCP server role: Configuring a DHCP server" in the Windows Server 2003 Help.
When you configure DHCP Server, make the following choices:
- In the New Scope Wizard, on the Scope Name page, type Testscope as the scope name.
- On the IP Address Range page, type the following values:
Note Do not change the default value for Length.
Item Value Start IP address 10.11.0.1 End IP address 10.11.0.254 Subnet mask 255.255.0.0
- On the Configure DHCP Options page, choose Yes, I want to configure these options now.
- On the Router (Default Gateway) page, in the IP address box, type 10.11.0.1 as the IP address.
- On the Domain Name and DNS Servers page, type the following values.
Item Value Parent domain TESTDOMAIN.com Server name TESTSERVER
- On the WINS Servers page, in the Server name field, type TESTSERVER.
- On the Activate Scope page, choose Yes, I want to activate this scope now.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors