Creating a Target Application for Profiling the FLAT Display Driver (Windows CE 5.0)
The following section introduces a small application, ProfApp, to provide a target for profiling the performance of the FLAT display driver.
ProfApp is explicitly designed to stress a single infrequently used, non-optimized color format conversion to support the steps in How to Profile and Optimize a Display Driver. It is not a general application for thoroughly stressing a display driver.
Note A display driver that performs well for an application that uses one set of graphics techniques might not perform well for an application that uses a different set of graphics techniques.
Creating a target application for profiling
- Create an empty workspace project for a Windows CE application project named ProfApp. For more information, see Creating a New Project.
- From the File menu, choose New Project or File.
The New Project or File dialog box appears.
- Choose the Files tab and add a new C++ source file named ProfApp.cpp to the ProfApp project.
- Cut and paste the source code for ProfApp into the ProfApp.cpp file in the OS design. For more information, see Source Code for ProfApp.
- From the File menu, choose Close, and then choose Yes when prompted to save the changes.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors