USB Host Controller Driver Samples (Windows CE 5.0)
This section describes the specific aspects of universal serial bus (USB) support that are relevant if you want to add USB support to your hardware platform. Source code for these components is located in the %_WINCEROOT%\Public\Common\Oak\Drivers\USB directory.
Microsoft supplies sample host controller drivers for the open host controller interface (OHCI), universal host controller interface (UHCI), and enhanced host controller interface (EHCI) that you can use as a basis for a host controller driver. You are responsible for providing driver software for the particular host controller hardware present on your hardware platform.
Microsoft supplies the following USB software components:
- The USB driver module, which loads USB device drivers and manages resources in the USB subsystem.
- The complete set of USB driver interface functions listed in the Universal Serial Bus Specification, implemented by the USB driver module.
The API set includes transfer functions, pipe functions, device configuration functions, and miscellaneous functions. These APIs enable you to write USB device drivers to support any USB device.
- A sample host controller driver (HCD) module that works with USB host controllers that are compliant with the OHCI specification.
You must migrate the PDD portion of this driver to your hardware if your hardware platform contains an OHCI host controller.
- A sample HCD module that works with USB host controllers that are compliant with the UHCI driver.
You must migrate the PDD portion of this driver to your hardware if your hardware platform contains a UHCI host controller.
- A sample USB class driver for human interface devices (HID).
- A sample USB class driver for mass storage devices.
- A sample USB class driver for printers.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors