Setting up the NEC Solution Gear 2-Vr5500 Development Kit Hardware (Windows CE 5.0)
Use the following steps to connect the NEC Solution Gear 2-Vr5500 Development Kit to a development workstation.
To set up the NEC Solution Gear 2-Vr5500 Development Kit hardware
- On the baseboard, insert the CPU card into connector CN7.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the network connector on the NEC Solution Gear 2-Vr5500 Development Kit and to the development workstation or Ethernet hub.
- Connect a serial cable to the debug serial port.
On the baseboard, the debug serial port is on top and the product serial, COM1, is on the bottom. This is opposite to inserting the SG2-Vr4131 as the CPU card.
- In one of the PCI slots on the baseboard, insert the video card.
- On the connector CN6 on the baseboard, connect the ATX power supply.
- Press S1 to turn the system on, or press S2 to perform a soft reset of the device.
Note Pressing S1 on the baseboard turns off the ATX power supply, but the 5V backup power is still on. When removing the CPU card from the baseboard, turn off the main power switch on the ATX power supply. If the power switch on the ATX power supply is not off when removing the CPU card, damage to both the CPU card and the baseboard will occur.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors