Downloading the Boot Loader to the Broadcom VoIP Screen Phone (Windows CE 5.0)
You must download the Windows CE boot loader to the Broadcom VoIP Screen Phone before you can download the run-time image and evaluate the features in Windows CE 5.0.
To download the Windows CE boot loader to the Broadcom VOIP Screen Phone
- Be sure the serial cable is connected to your development workstation and the phone.
- On your development workstation, configure the terminal emulation software to the settings shown in the following table.
Bits per second Data bits Parity Stop bits Flow control 115200 8 None 1 None
- Reboot the phone by pressing the Reset button.
If you cannot find the Reset button, you can also reboot the phone by unplugging the power adapter, and then plugging it in again.
- On your development workstation, press CTRL+Z to go into the boot loader configuration mode.
- Press 6, and then press ENTER to clear any old registry settings.
- If necessary, press 5, and then press ENTER to change the upgrade flash setting from 0 to 1.
- If necessary, press 3, and then press ENTER to change the boot from Ethernet KITL.
- Press 9, and then press ENTER to save the boot loader settings.
- Download the boot loader image through the kernel independent transport layer (KITL) using Platform Builder.
Note The boot loader image should download to flash memory.
- Wait for 3 to 5 minutes for the image to be written into flash memory.
Once the image has been written into flash memory, it should boot on the device.
- Reboot the phone.
- Press CTRL+Z to return to the boot loader configuration mode.
- Press 3, and then press ENTER to make the boot loader boot from flash memory rather than KITL.
- Press 9, and then press ENTER to save the new boot loader settings.
- Unplug the phone and wait for a few seconds before plugging it in again.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors