Creating a Boot Floppy Disk for an x86 SDB (Windows CE 5.0)
Booting a run-time image on an x86 standard development board (SDB) requires a boot floppy disk containing LoadCEPC.exe, a boot loader, Autoexec.bat, and other files. If you change your boot loader code, you must rebuild the boot loader and copy the new Eboot.bin or Sboot.bin to your boot floppy disk.
To create a boot floppy disk for an x86 SDB
- Navigate to the %ProgramFiles%\Windows CE Platform Builder\5.00\CEPB\Utilities directory, and then run WebSetup.exe to install utility programs to the default Microsoft Windows directory on your development workstation.
You only need to install WebSetup.exe once.
- On your development workstation, insert a blank 3.5-inch floppy disk in the floppy disk drive.
- From the %ProgramFiles%\Windows CE Platform Builder\5.00\CEPB\Utilities directory, run CEPCBoot.144.
You can also run CEPCBoot.144 from the command line.
- If your floppy disk is not already blank and formatted, in the Web Image NT window, check the Format before making disk box.
This causes WebSetup.exe to format the boot floppy disk with MS-DOS 6.22 before copying the CEPCBoot.144 disk image to the boot floppy disk.
- In the Web Image NT window, choose A Drive.
This copies the CEPCBoot.144 disk image to the boot floppy disk.
- Choose Cancel to close the Web Image NT window.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors