Configuring an Ethernet Remote Connection (Windows CE 5.0)
When you configure an Ethernet remote connection, you must configure your target device and development workstation with a proper IP address. By default, the sample BSPs are enabled to use Ethernet download.
For more information on the types of Ethernet connections, see Ethernet Connection Options.
The VMINI Ethernet sharing library allows a debug Ethernet card to both download and debug. The VMINI Ethernet sharing library is enabled by default, so you do not need to free an Ethernet controller for product Ethernet.
The VMINI Ethernet sharing library is in %_WINCEROOT%\Public\Common\Oak\Drivers\Ethdbg\VMINI.
If you want to use a built-in Ethernet port for product Ethernet, you must disable Ethernet downloading. For information on other BSPs, see Supported Board Support Packages.
To configure an Ethernet remote connection
- Set or clear environment variables based on the type of Ethernet card by doing one of the following:
- For PCI based NE2000 cards, verify that BSP_NIC_NE2000_PCI is set and BSP_NIC_NE2000_ISA is cleared.
- For ISA based NE2000 NIC cards, verify that BSP_NIC_NE2000_ISA is set and BSP_NIC_NE2000_PCI is cleared.
For more information on setting and clearing environment variables, see Setting or Clearing an Environment Variable.
- From the Target menu, choose Connectivity Options to open the Target Connectivity Options window.
- Below Service Configuration, select Kernel Service Map; then, from the Download list, choose Ethernet and then choose the Settings button.
- Start the target device; then, in the Ethernet Download Settings window, select your target device.
If the target device is already started, you might need to restart your target device for the device name to appear in the Ethernet Download Settings window.
- To return to the Target Connectivity Options window, choose OK.
- Select the Kernel Service Map tab; then, from the Transport list, choose Ethernet and then choose the Settings button.
Verify that your target device appears as the selected device in the Ethernet KITL Settings window.
How to Configure and Download a Run-Time Image to a CEPC | How to Use Platform Builder to Connect to Multiple Target Devices | How to Add a CEPC to an Ethernet Network | How to Debug a Run-Time Image on a CEPC | Choosing LoadCEPC.exe Parameters | Configuring a Serial Remote Connection | Supported Board Support Packages
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors