Visual Basic Extensibility Reference
The root object that contains all other objects and collections represented in Visual Basic for Applications.
You can use the following collections to access the objects contained in the VBE object:
- Use the VBProjects collection to access the collection of projects.
- Use the AddIns collection to access the collection of add-ins.
- Use the Windows collection to access the collection of windows.
- Use the CodePanes collection to access the collection of code panes.
- Use the CommandBars collection to access the collection of command bars.
Use the Events object to access properties that enable add-ins to connect to all events in Visual Basic for Applications. The properties of the Events object return objects of the same type as the property name. For example, the CommandBarEvents property returns the CommandBarEvents object.
You can use the SelectedVBComponent property to return the active component. The active component is the component that is being tracked in the Project window. If the selected item in the Project window isn't a component, SelectedVBComponent returns Nothing.
Note All objects in this object model have a VBE property that points to the VBE object.