Secure Channel, also known as Schannel, is a security support provider (SSP) that contains a set of security protocols that provide identity authentication and secure, private communication through encryption.
Schannel is primarily used for Internet applications that require secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) communications.
For more information about Secure Channel, see the following topics.
- Message Authentication Codes in Schannel
- Cipher Suites in Schannel
- Schannel Credentials
- Transport Layer Security Protocol
- Secure Sockets Layer Protocol
- Private Communications Technology
- Schannel Error Codes for TLS and SSL Alerts
- Schannel and CryptoAPI
Build date: 11/16/2013