Implementing the Summary Information Property Set
There are guidelines to follow when implementing a summary information property set for Structured Storage.
The following are the guidelines for implementing The Summary Information Property Set:
- PID_TEMPLATE refers to an external document containing format and style information. The process by which the template is located is implementation-defined.
- PID_LASTAUTHOR is the name stored in User Information by the application. For example, Mary creates a document on her computer and gives it to John, who then modifies and saves it. Mary is the author, John is the last saved by value.
- PID_REVNUMBER is the number of times the File/Save command has been called on this document.
- Each of the date/time values must be stored in Universal Coordinated Time (UTC).
- PID_CREATE_DTM is a read-only property; this property should be set when a document is created, but should not be subsequently changed.
- For PID_THUMBNAIL, applications should store data in CF_DIB or CF_METAFILEPICT format. CF_METAFILEPICT is recommended.
- PID_SECURITY is the suggested security level for the document. By noting the security level on the document, an application other than the originator of the document can adjust its user interface to the properties. An application should not display any information about a password-protected document or enable modifications to enforced Read-Only or Locked-for-Annotations documents. If the user attempts to modify properties, the application should warn the user about the Read-Only Recommended status.
|Locked for annotations||8|