IMAPI enables the creation of optical media using a variety of file systems.
IMAPI provides the following capabilities:
- Creates and burns single-session and multisession discs.
- Creates and burns bootable discs.
- Creates and burns RAW CD Disc-at-Once images.
- Provides low-level access to the burn engine for developing support for new devices.
- Provides access to extended recorder properties for developing support for new devices.
- Provides burn verification options.
IMAPI supports the following formats. For more details, see Disc Formats.
- ISO9660 image format (includes Redbook Audio).
- Joliet format.
- Universal Disk Format (UDF).
IMAPI supports the following media devices.
- Recordable CD (CD-R). Formerly known as CD Write Once.
- Rewritable CD (CD-RW)
- Recordable DVD (DVD-R and DVD+R).
- Rewritable DVD (DVD-RW and DVD+RW).
- Random-access DVD (DVD-RAM).
- Recordable dual layer DVD (in DVD-R and DVD+R formats).
- Recordable BD (BD-R)
- Rewritable BD (BD-RE)
- Writes to other disc-like media.
Build date: 11/16/2013