About the Microsoft Office Visio Automation Reference
Welcome to the Microsoft® Office Visio® Automation Reference.
This documentation includes:
- An overview of using Automation with Visio.
- Details on Visio objects, properties, methods, enumerations, and events.
- Information about the Visio object model; the Visio type library; and about extending the functionality of Visio with macros, add-ons, and COM (Component Object Model) add-ins.
- A sample Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro.
- Information about common Automation tasks, such as starting the Visual Basic Editor; viewing Visio object, property, method, enumeration, and event descriptions in the Object Browser; connecting to data sources, linking shapes to data, and displaying shape data graphically; and running macros and add-ons.
- Information about using the Microsoft Office Visio Drawing Control to integrate Visio into third-party applications.
For information about working with the cells, rows, and sections of a Visio ShapeSheet, either in the ShapeSheet window or by using Automation, see the Microsoft Office Visio ShapeSheet Reference.