Web Settings, Common Properties, <Projectname> Property Pages Dialog Box
Specifies defaults for Web-based projects, including how the application should behave when run offline and the Web access method to use when working with the project.
Note This page is only available if you are working in a Web project.
For information on how to access the Web Settings property page in the Common Properties folder, see Setting Visual Basic Project Properties.
- Web Access Method
- Specifies the access method to the project's files on the server. This lets you override the default setting for your computer, which is specified in the Options dialog box (Tools menu), Projects folder, Web Settings page (see Web Settings, Projects, Options Dialog Box for more information.). To access this property programmatically, see WebAccessMethod Property.
- File share
Indicates that you want to directly access your project files on the Web server through a file share; does not require FrontPage Server Extensions to be installed on the server.
Defines a file path that points to the physical directory of your project on the Web server. Available only when File Share is selected as the Web access method. To access this property programmatically, see FileSharePath Property.
Indicates that you want to use the HTTP-based FrontPage Server Extensions to transfer your files to the server as you open and save them. FrontPage Server Extensions must be installed on the server when this option is selected.
- Link repair
When the Web Access Method property is set to FrontPage, specifies whether FrontPage Server Extensions' link repair is enabled. Link repair updates links to pages within the project if they change during project development.
To access this property programmatically, see LinkRepair Property.
- Link repair
- Server name
- Specifies the server where the project is stored. This is a read-only property. To access this property programmatically, see WebServer Property.
- Version Information
- Displays a dialog box with information about the server where the project is stored. To access this property programmatically, see WebServerVersion Property.
- Offline URL
- Specifies the directory root of the Web project when working offline. Project files reside on the server (specified when you created the project) and in an offline URL. When you take the project offline (Project menu, Web Project command), no attempt will be made to write to or access the project's files on the server. Any valid directory is allowed.
The default for this property is set in the Web Settings, Projects, Options Dialog Box.
To access this property programmatically, see OfflineURL Property.
Smart Device Developer Notes
- Web settings common properties
- Not supported.