Build Comment Web Pages Dialog Box
This dialog box allows you to create a series of .htm pages that display the code structure within projects and solutions, objects and interfaces defined in a project, and members. The .htm pages also display information you have included in your code using the code comment syntax. You can access this dialog box from the Tools menu.
- Build for entire solution
- When selected, creates .htm pages of the structure and code comments for all of the projects and files in the solution.
- Build for selected projects
- When selected, creates .htm pages of the structure and code comments only for the projects selected in the list.
- Save web pages in
- Specifies the location where the .htm pages are to be saved. Type a path in the text box or select Browse to select a path. The default directory is CodeCommentReport, a subdirectory within the directory containing the solution (.sln) file.
- For security, display HTML in comments as text
- When selected, renders any HTML embedded in comment tags as text rather than implementing the HTML. This option prevents scripts or other potentially harmful HTML from executing when the Code Comment Web Report is generated.
/// <summary> /// This is <b>only</b> a test. /// </summary>
If this option is selected, the text appears as:
This is <b>only</b> a test.
If this option is not selected, the text appears as:
This is only a test.
- Add to Favorites
- When selected, creates a shortcut in the Favorites window to the .htm pages generated. When you choose OK, the Add to Favorites dialog box appears, allowing you to enter a name for the link.