Adding a Launch Condition in the Launch Conditions Editor
The Launch Conditions Editor can be used to specify conditions that must be met in order to install successfully on a target computer. For example, if your application is designed to run only on Microsoft Windows 2000 or later, you would specify the condition
VersionNT>=500. When the installer is run, if the condition evaluates to false then an error message will be displayed and the installation will be aborted.
To add a launch condition
- Select the Launch Conditions node in the Launch Conditions Editor.
- On the Action menu, choose Add Launch Condition.
The new condition is highlighted in the conditions list.
- Type a name for the condition.
- In the Properties window, select the Condition property and enter a valid condition.
Note To learn more about condition syntax, see Deployment Conditions.
- Select the Message property and type the text for the error message that will be displayed if the condition evaluates to false.
To remove a launch condition
- Select the launch condition in the Launch Conditions Editor, and choose Delete from the Edit menu.
Properties for the Launch Conditions Editor | Adding a File Search in the Launch Conditions Editor | Adding a Registry Search in the Launch Conditions Editor | Adding a Windows Installer Search in the Launch Conditions Editor | Deployment Conditions | Launch Condition Management in Deployment