Localization is the process of customizing your application for a given culture/locale. Localization consists primarily of translating the user interface. Proper planning will help ensure your application is localized in a timely and cost effective manner.
In This Section
- Localization Preparation
- Provides a checklist for readying your application for localization.
- Isolating Localizable Resources
- Provides guidance on streamlining the localization process by isolating localizable resources.
- Preparing the User Interface for Localization
- Provides guidance on preparing the user interface (UI) for localization.
- Preparing Help Content for Localization
- Provides guidance on preparing help content for localization.
- Planning World-Ready Applications
- Gives links to topics with guidance on planning and developing world-ready applications.
- Globalizing and Localizing Applications
- Explains how to build world-ready applications in Visual Basic and Visual C#.
- International Programming
- Describes globalization and localization of Visual C++ applications.
- Developing World-Ready Applications
- Describes globalization and localization of applications using the .NET Framework.
- Visual Studio .NET Partner Resources Site (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/partners/default.asp)
- Provides a link to Visual Studio .NET Localization Partners who can assist you with your application localization needs.