The proxy settings on this computer are not configured correctly for Web discovery.
This error appears in the Add Web Reference dialog box if you are developing on a machine that is behind a firewall and a proxy server has not been explicitly specified for Internet Explorer connections. You need to explicitly specify the address and port of the proxy server on your network in order to make services outside the firewall available to the Web Browser in the Add Web Reference dialog box. The Auto-detect proxy option for Internet Explorer connections is ignored by .NET Framework. You may need to ask your network administrator for this proxy information.
To specify a proxy server for Internet Explorer
- From the Tools menu, choose Options and on the Web Browser page, choose Internet Options button.
- In the Internet Properties dialog box, choose LAN Settings on the Connections tab.
- In the Proxy server area, select Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- Specify and the address and port number that matches your network.
- From the File menu, choose Exit and then re-open Visual Studio.