This block is often used to provide a consistent interface to the underlying business objects and to isolate the client from changes to the underlying business logic. When it is present, it lives either between the client and the business logic or between the Web service projects and the business logic layers.
The Business Facade Projects layer:
- Receives user input from the User Services layer (a WinUI or a WebUI client application).
- Might use the Data Access layer if the request requires read-only access to data.
- Passes the requests to the Business Rules layer.
- Returns the responses from the Business Rules layer to the User Services layer (a WinUI or a WebUI client application).
- Maintains temporary state across calls to the Business Rules layer.