Visual Studio .NET 2003
This topic contains links to articles, product documentation, and MSDN Library topics containing information about security considerations and recommendations when creating applications using Visual Studio .NET tools and technologies.
- Compiler Security Checks In Depth
- Discusses buffer overruns and the complete picture of the Microsoft® Visual C++® .NET security checks feature provided by the /GS compile-time flag.
- Developing Software in Visual Studio .NET with Non-Administrative Privileges
- Members of the local Administrators group have privileges to perform any action on a machine. This causes both a risk to the user performing actions in that environment and to the software that they develop. This article explains how to productively develop software while logged on with non-administrative privileges.
- Security Concerns for Visual Basic .NET and Visual C# .NET Programmers
- An overview of what you need to know about security, both for Windows forms and Web forms in Visual Basic .NET and Visual C# .NET.
- Security with Visual J#
- Discusses security in the .NET Framework and provides guidelines on upgrading Visual J++ 6.0 applications to Microsoft Visual J# .NET.
- Introduction to Web Application Security
- Discusses security concepts such as authentication, authorization, and impersonation, and also discusses elements of Web application security in Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Windows Forms Security
- Provides an overview of the Windows Forms security implementation.
- .NET Framework
- Find out about the .NET Framework Software Development Kit (SDK), which allows developers to build Web-based applications and services that take advantage of the new .NET Framework technology.
MSDN Library Links
- .NET Security Web site at http://msdn.microsoft.com/net/security
- Find information that will help developers and administrators design and deploy secure .NET Framework applications.
- Visual Studio Home page at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/
- Find pointers to product information, technical resources, additional samples and downloads and more.
- Articles and Columns
- Provides links to articles and other resources related to Microsoft® Visual Studio® .NET.
- Visual Basic .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to the Visual Basic project and language.
- Visual C# .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to the Visual C# project and language.
- Visual C++ .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to the Visual C++ projects and languages, including Managed Extensions for C++.
- JScript .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to scripting technologies.