Console: Localized Hello World Sample
The Localized Hello World sample demonstrates creating and using satellite assemblies for console applications. It shows how to create resources for Visual Basic console applications, localize the resources, and build localized satellite assemblies.
Note To install and run this sample, you must be a member of your computer's Debugger Users group. If installing this application by means of a remote session, you must be a member of the Administrators group.
To run this sample
- Copy all files to your local hard drive by means of the Copy All Files link.
- Open the solution LocalizedHelloWorld.sln.
- From the Build menu, click Build Solution.
- From the Debug menu, click Start Without Debugging.
- Type in a culture supported by the application to see the resources in that culture. This sample supports English (en), German (de), Spanish (es) French (fr) and Italian (it).
Visual Basic Sample Applications | Visual Basic Walkthroughs | Security and Localized Satellite Assemblies | LocalizedHelloWorld Sample: Demonstrates Satellite Assemblies for Console Applications (Visual C#)