Windows Forms Sample Abstracts for Visual Basic
Visual Studio .NET 2003
The samples listed on this page demonstrate features that can be used in Windows-based applications.
In This Section
- Windows Forms: Calc Sample
- Demonstrates how to create the equivalent of a control array in Visual Basic .NET by using common methods to handle the individual controls' click events.
- Windows Forms: Localization Sample
- Demonstrates how to save culture preferences to your computer that persist from run to run of your application.
- Windows Forms: Multi-Threaded TCP/IP Listener Sample
- Demonstrates a technique for creating a multi-threaded application that generates and listens for TCP/IP traffic.
- Windows Forms: Multilingual Form Sample
- Demonstrates using different culture information in a Windows Forms application.
- Windows Forms: Performance Monitor Sample
- Demonstrates how to monitor system performance using performance counters. This sample is also an introduction to performance counters.
- Windows Forms: Process Controller Sample
- Demonstrates how to build a Visual Basic Windows application for processes and services monitoring.
- Windows Forms: Registry Client Sample
- Demonstrates how to use the Registry classes to add a new registry key and manipulate the values associated with that key.
- Windows Forms: Scribble Sample
- Demonstrates a Windows Forms MDI drawing application.
- Windows Forms: System Tray Sample
- Demonstrates how to use the status area of the Windows taskbar in a Visual Basic .NET application.
- Windows Forms: Vehicle Sample
- Demonstrates inheritance by implementing a vehicle class for cars and boats.
- Windows Forms: Weather Sample
- Demonstrates how to use the .NET Framework's XML classes to query an XML document and retrieve the weather forecast for a specified city.
- Windows Forms: Winlogger Sample
- Demonstrates using a logging component to write to a text file and the Windows Application Event Log.
- Visual Basic Sample Applications
- Provides links to Visual Basic code samples that demonstrate .NET concepts.
- Visual Basic Walkthroughs
- Provides a list of topics that give step-by-step instruction on doing various kinds of Visual Basic programming.
- Decision Chart
- Provides a graphical, linked guide to decisions about designing your application.