Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET is the standard reporting tool for Visual Studio .NET; it brings the ability to create interactive, presentation-quality content — which has been the strength of Crystal Reports for years — to the .NET platform.
With Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET, you can host reports on Web and Windows platforms and publish Crystal reports as Report Web Services on a Web server.
For example, you can create a Web application that enables users to drill down on a chart and filter its information according to their needs. The chart is actually a Crystal report interacting with other controls in the application.
In This Section
- Why Incorporate Reports into Applications?
- Explains when to use reports in applications.
- Reporting Fundamentals
- Provides an overview of how Crystal Reports accesses data. This section also provides an overview of the report design process, and lists report distribution options.
- Report Deployment Scenarios
- Provides an overview of the client-side and server-side processes that occur when an application with reporting capabilities is deployed.
- Crystal Reports Advanced Features
- Lists the enhancements and new features of Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET.
- Registering Crystal Reports
- Explains how to register Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET.
- Support Services for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
- Explains how to get additional information on Crystal Decisions technical support services.